Friday 27 April 2012

BE THE CHANGE...

 I've been thinking a lot lately about our place in the world, how we live our lives and the impact we have on our planet, and its left me feeling frustrated and determined that things have to change!

WE have to be that change!

This may sound harsh, but it seems to me we are like a cancer to this planet, using all resources until they are gone with no care of the consequences of our actions.

We are told we are free, and we believe it but how can it be true when we are forced to pay taxes, forced into sending our kids to school, and fooled into thinking we live in a democracy, when its clearly a farce!
Our governments trick us into thinking we have choices about the way we live in this world but really it is a very rich minority that control it all, they are the ones that want to continue using fossil fuel even though we know its running out,and they start wars under false pretences for this to continue. Does anyone else think/know that oil is in the earth for a reason?!!
If you REALLY had a say would you continue to use it? or would you use cars that run by the power of water? would you power your homes by the constant natural resources of the sun, wind and water? I know what I'd do! These things are possible, but the corporate giants that control us, buy up the patents to these things so we keep buying their energy and they remain rich and in power. Ask yourselves where would those corporate energy giants be if we ALL harnessed the natural energies that surround us? They'd be very poor that's for sure!

Ultimately society today leaves me feeling cold, there's no community any more just consumerism,
Its not our fault .we've been programmed into it. turning a blind eye once we're are awakened however is our responsibility!
 The world, the way it is run and how we are living in it has become completely out of balance. most people have become so controlled by the media (which is ruled by the government who are ruled by the banks!) we go along with anything we're told, personally I don't watch or read any news as a rule, because its all so negative and spreads only fear.
Think about the programming we've all experienced from the day we are born to enable an elite few to live in luxury whilst the billions of other humans on the planet pay for their luxury. Take national Insurance in the UK for instance, when a we are born we are given a number, then when we are older and go to work we are charged for having this number! I just can't believe the government gets away with it!!!
 How many times do you hear or have had impressed upon you that 'time is money', 'money is status', 'money is power', 'money makes the world go round'? it's everywhere and we cant get away from it, we are constantly bombarded with it to the the point its become normal to us now. Whether its through TV, radio, magazines or newspapers we are programmed to think we need it in every part of our lives.


Money has no REAL value, we are just TOLD that it does, its the biggest trick ever and they got us ALL! One day the conniving bankers decided to print loads of bits of paper and then told us that these bits of paper had a value, the value of which they change when it suits them! and we need it for everything.. I find it scary that we've become a society that relies totally on food bought from shops and supermarkets.
 Everything has gone up in price, most people are struggling to stay afloat, we work as hard as we can but still its not enough to make ends meet.. and STILL we continue in this system, its sad.
 It's not people that leave me cold but this system in which we all live. Who benefits from it the most? What will it take for everyone to stop being ruled by money?

WHAT REALLY HAS VALUE TO YOU IN THIS WORLD?
ask yourself this and be honest. What does your heart say? My heart says I value freedom to bring my children up in a world where people live in harmony with each other and the earth, for us all to have the right to breathe clean air and drink pure water and eat natural food, (not genetically modified food full of aspartame, and fluoride filled water), for everyone to live comfortably and happily without struggle through exchange of energy not money, and to have the right to heal ourselves naturally. 
Every single living being has something in common- we all live on this beautiful planet and each of us needs water, air, food, and warmth to survive Surely this should be every persons basic right? 


 I don't know how you feel but I've had enough of this system!  it has no meaning and doesn't make sense to me any more.

We in the west live by the Gregorian calender (man made of course) which is based around Christian events, even though there are many diverse religious beliefs and still many practising Christians, but largely these days the people I come across choose to be non denominational and prefer to hold their own beliefs. The main events that are on the Gregorian system hold no value to me and I'd be willing to bet that they don't to most people anymore, especially as the main Christian celebrations have been hijacked by the big corporations to make us SPEND SPEND SPEND, (ironic really because Christianity hijacked the celebrations from the pagans!)
 Christmas for example has turned into X-mas, we are pressured into spending extortionate amounts on presents, food and alcohol. Its not about the birth of Christ or spending time with our loved ones any more its about money money money. Celebrations of old  DID involve spending time with family, friends and the whole community, and those celebrations had a purpose, (usually celebrating the change of seasons and what the earth has provided so we can survive) now we go from one money draining consumer event to the next fuelled by the corporations and mass media. Then when the shops open again on boxing day what do we have greeting us? yep you got it- flippin chocolate Easter eggs! and that's not all, think of Halloween, mothers day, fathers day etc, etc.!
There is no meaning other than the corporate companies desire for us to spend our hard earned, over taxed money in their shops, which subsequently ends up in their pockets. But still we blindly plod on spending money for their gain .

I believe we should start with changing the calender we live by and make it more universal, what is the same for all of us no matter where we're from or what we think?
  It is the sun, our star! and the Universe!
Of course the way in which we relate to it personally can differ, but not the way in which the earth is a part of this solar system and the way our solar system is part of the universe.
 After my last blog I've spent a lot of time outside in the garden and no matter the weather I'm out there. I've found I'm more in tune with nature now, like being able to tell from the feel of the air if it will rain, or being able to sense what the plants need. It got me thinking that this is what we should all be in tune with, nature. It makes sense to me to follow the solstices, equinox's and the change of the seasons.
 Where the sun is in the sky, lets nature know nature what's coming next- in spring the equal hours of day and night tell the seeds to grow, and the animals to be born. The long days of sunlight in summer bring crops into fruition. Autumn comes, day and night become equal again and we reap the harvest. Winter comes and nature slows down into hibernation waiting for spring to come once again.
It is the Earth cycles providing for us in many different and bountiful ways that we should be thankful for and be in tune with, because whether we realise it or not it connects us all - humans, animals, plants, earth, air, fire and water!

 I want things to change as I'm sure many others do. But where are we supposed to start? Where should the change begin? I know when I sit here thinking about all these massive things going on in the world around me, I feel daunted, it seems too big to deal with and if I'm completely honest it makes me want to bury my head in the sand! I know others feel the same or something would have been done by now! it's obvious this burying our heads in the sand tactic has got us no where things haven't changed they've got worse.

We need to remember that we are many and they are few. The ones in power would be outnumbered a million to one if we were to stand up them!

The wise Ghandi once said " BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD"
And it's this wonderful quote that helped me realise that the only way I can make a change is by starting at home and with the way I live my life, and by taking small steps towards the goal. This goes for all of us, if we all did this imagine the impact we could have!

It can be the smallest change, but it could mean so much.

 Do you recycle? if not why not!!  do it now, most councils have the services for it, so make that change.
Have you got a garden? grow something for your family to eat, do it in pots if you haven't got a garden!
  Do you make senseless journeys in your car when you could walk? I know I'm guilty of this from time to time- so lets stop!
 Is your council making cuts you don't agree with? then say something, don't leave it to everyone else and think your say wont have an impact!
  Is there something you could help your neighbour with but don't because its 'not the done thing' these days? then say hello, help them, become part of a community again! the list could go on... follow your heart and make a small change, then make another and another!

Society may leave me cold but I do have faith in humanity, I do believe that many of us are fed up and want things to be better.

I wish we lived in a world where everyone realised money, status, power and material possessions are all an illusion that will never bring true happiness to anyone. How amazing would it be to live in a community where all the basic human needs- water, food and shelter are provided for each person and most importantly where everyone came from a place of  LOVE! each person would truly cares for their neighbours. How amazing would it be if the whole world was like this!? Money wouldn't be the main focus as people would just simply trade their different skills and talents, each skill would be valued equally, no one would be without, everyone could be free to do what they loved to do.

Yeah 'idealistic' I hear you say, but I'm cool with that. No matter what happens I will always remain positive, I will always hope for a better future, and I will keep plodding on one small step at a time..mostly though I hope you're there plodding along with me.
Rant over! Peace out.

nb I would just like to say that I actually wrote this blog last May, but serious lack of self-confidence stopped me publishing it. I was worried what people would think about my views which now I realise is totally ridiculous and wish I'd just got over it! well I have at last (almost a year later) and what I've written still rings true. Thank you for taking the time to read this <3 much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment